Homecoming

Elder Dylan Paolacci will complete his missionary service as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on Tuesday, July 24, 2012.

His homecoming will be Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 11:00 am

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Paradise Valley Stake Center 3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028 Everyone is invited to attend

Monday, January 2, 2012

FELIZ AÑO NUEVO


wellllll probably the FASTEST week ever! oh FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!!!!
haha i feel like i was just sitting here writing you guys, but i guess that was last year.. haha i cant believe its 2012 already, time is flying! its weird thinking that this year ill be coming home. meh, i dont like that thought. when it was about to turn midnight on saturday i got kinda depressed haha, lol kinda like when i turned 20. i think that i think too much about this kind of stuff. maybe its just a mission thing idk. but its crazy to think its a new year and a new start.
people down here are super serious about their new years resolutions. its super cool. it has helped me realize how great of an opportunity it is to start a new year. it actually helps alot of people have the desire to repent, because after all, thats what resolutions really are. goals to change, and repentance is a change that we make in our lives, actions and most importantly in our hearts. me and my companion are really gonna work on making resolutions, or goals to repent with our investigators and also ourselves this month. I think it is so awesome that you guys are going through with this challenge of reading the Book of Mormon with me. I was never the best at reading the scriptures back at home, but the amazing thing is that there is always time to change things and be better. That is what God expects of us. We can even look at it in the way that we are still here on this earth, God gives us another day, because there are things that we still need to change or make better, things that we still need to learn. I have really been thinking about that everytime I wake up and it really helps me be a better missionary and more than anything, a better son to my Heavenly Father. He loves us sooooo much guys and he wants us to be better. He knows that there are challenges that we each have, he knows that we have our faults, but thats ok. ALL we have to do is depend on him and have the faith that we can change. Repentance is truly amazing, the atonement is the most powerful thing to ever happen and that will happen. It is kinds crazy to think about. sorry for writing a talk to you guys, but i really felt like i needed to share these thoughts with you.
just remember that we can always change, and that we always need to be changing things, if not we wouldnt still be here. I love you guys so much! I'm totally going to be reading the Book of Mormon with you guys, although I haven't decided if I am taking up this challenge in spanish or portuguese - but I am doing it - its the same book no matter what language, that is the beauty of it. I will also start tonight.

Well I hope you guys have a great week and a great start to the new year. Remember you have a clean slate and a new year. I am pretty sure its bowl game season huh? so recommitt to sending you big brother scores next week of the bowl games haha.
love you guys a ton, elder paolacci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell

Dylan's Farewell will be Sunday August 8, 2010 at 11:00 am at

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Paradise Valley Stake Center
3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028
Everyone is invited to attend