Homecoming

Elder Dylan Paolacci will complete his missionary service as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on Tuesday, July 24, 2012.

His homecoming will be Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 11:00 am

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Paradise Valley Stake Center 3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028 Everyone is invited to attend

Monday, February 20, 2012

Interesting Week


Welllll….. crazy week to say the least.
As I said the week before on Monday I needed to go and check on a missionary that was sick in Huancavelica, well I brought him back and checked him into the hospital here in Huancayo. It ended up being a lot more than checking him in. He ended up having pneumonia and he was hospitalized. Missionaries cant stay in the hospital alone so guess who got to stay with him haha, yours truly! I was kinda bummed at first even though he is a good buddy of mine. But you know I don't love hospitals and because we were gonna have to miss some pretty important appointments in our area. But then I realized what the lord wanted me doing in those moments (the mission is a lot more comforting when you realize that). So I took advantage of our time in the hospital. And to my surprise we had a pretty awesome experience. We did a lot of studying together, we studied the allegory of the olive tree in Jacob and we learned a lot of new stuff. We really focused on how much the master really did for his vineyard. How much dedication he put in, and how much love he had. But in the end it wasn’t up to him if the trees gave good fruit or bad fruit. This made me think about a lot of stuff. About the zone, my investigators, our family, and my mission itself. A lot of times it makes me sad to see things go how I don’t want them to after I have put so much work into it, but as the master of the vineyard says "what more could I have done?" I also realized that the Lord put soooo much dedication into the vine, and I too need to do the same. Because when I do, that’s when I know that things turn out the way the Lord wants them to. It was a really cool experience being there. Gave me a lot of time to reflect and ponder things (haha a good 2 ½ days). We also taught about every nurse that worked there and made appointments with a few of them. So once I was released from the hospital (or atleast it felt that way) I was able to get to work in my area.
This weekend we found a lot of really awesome people ready to hear the gospel. I had a really cool experience with a family. On Friday I was with a member that’s preparing to serve a mission and we saw two parents walking down the street with their kid and I had the strongest impression to contact them. The thing was that they were about a block away. But that didn’t stop us haha. We started walking super fast, trying not to look weird or suspicious, and luckily the father stopped to tie his kids shoe. Taking advantage we started talking to them and they were totally receptive. I feel like they are totally prepared and I am hoping they progress. Its cool being a missionary. Always having Revelation going through me. I am afraid that I will truly miss that when I get home. But I guess that’s just how it is. This weekend we are hoping to have a couple baptisms, cross your fingers! Ohhhh haha last night we taught an investigator that looks just like Karleigh but latin. It was super weird, but awesome at the same time. Wellll, today is my comps last pday! Not sure what we are gonna do but I am sure I will have pics next week!
Love, Elder Paolacci





No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell

Dylan's Farewell will be Sunday August 8, 2010 at 11:00 am at

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Paradise Valley Stake Center
3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028
Everyone is invited to attend