Homecoming

Elder Dylan Paolacci will complete his missionary service as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on Tuesday, July 24, 2012.

His homecoming will be Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 11:00 am

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Paradise Valley Stake Center 3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028 Everyone is invited to attend

Monday, February 13, 2012

18 months and lovin it !!!


FAMILYYYY!!!!!
Well it was quite an awesome week. Started off with our voyage on Tuesday to Lima, a good 8 hours in a bus.Tuesday night was quite awesome. Its always a party in the office home. Elder Edwards, my buddy that’s from Queen Creek was there because he left the next day to open an area in a small town near La Oroya. I went a couple times when I was up there, it is a pretty awesome area. Probably won't see him again until AZ, he ends next transfer. Haha but he said he's gonna be in the airport when I get home, haha so ya we shall see. But ya we had a great night, ate some pizza! That night we got to bed early so we would be well rested for consejo. 


The next day we had consejo with President Ardila and it was awesome and somewhat scary. The mission is kinda in a low spot right now so president really kicked us into gear. Such an amazing leader. You can really feel the love he has for us and he truly wants the best for each of us and our mission. 


The good thing is that we are gonna have an awesome month! The zone could easily end up with 30 baptisms this month! That’s the most there's been in like 2 years here in Huancayo. So were pretty excited down here.


Wednesday we traveled back to Huancayo and Thursday we finally gotta start working again. We have about 6 people that are gonna get baptized in these next 2 weeks and we are super pumped. They are all awesome people and they deserve it so much. I am sooooooooooo happy for them. You can already see the blessings the gospel is bringing to their lives. 


On Sunday 5 minutes before sacrament meeting they asked us to give talks, woohoo! But they turned out great. That is the best part about this calling, being a missionary I can just get up there and the spirit will guide me and everything turns out great. Its super cool. But I don’t know how my homecoming talk will turn out, I will probably have to write that one, especially cause it will be in English. Ahhh I don’t like thinking about it. But I still have 6 months so I am all good.


Well Sunday afternoon as you can see we had a baptism! Her name is Noelia, she is 15 years old and has such a strong testimony! The baptismal service was amazing, the young women sang a special number and it was just awesome.


Today we were planning on having another bbq but in a really cool park here, sad news is that we might not be able to because an elder in Huancavelica got really sick and we have to go to the hospital. Pray for him, he should be getting better soon. He just had a hard time breathing. It is like doing missionary work at base camp on mount Everest haha. Also, I prayed and fasted yesterday for Trevor's brother, I really hope he is getting better, tell Trevor I love him and I am praying for him, his brother and his family.


Well as far as the whole gnarly rain situation, we always have rain in the mountains. We are just getting alot more. Just in Lima, apparently they are getting more rain than they’ve gotten in 20 years. But I am not too informed.



So ya what's up with everyone getting engaged?!!!! I am totally not cool with this! Haha jk congrats to aliese!
Well as you know its been 18 months! Crazy! Its gone soooo fast! I don’t want it to end tho. This is seriously the happiest I have been in my entire life. This work is so real and so amazing. And don’t you guys worry, I will be giving it my all in these last 6 months! I am going to finish strong with no regrets. But I am sure when the time time comes I still wont be ready to leave.
I Love You all soooooooooooooooo much - keep being awesome - keep reading the Book of Mormon - where are you at ?
Until next week Elder Paolacci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell

Dylan's Farewell will be Sunday August 8, 2010 at 11:00 am at

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Paradise Valley Stake Center
3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028
Everyone is invited to attend