Homecoming

Elder Dylan Paolacci will complete his missionary service as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on Tuesday, July 24, 2012.

His homecoming will be Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 11:00 am

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Paradise Valley Stake Center 3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028 Everyone is invited to attend

Monday, June 27, 2011

I'm Loving It Out Here

wow I had no idea that had happened. I saw Elder Diaz like halfway through his bus trip because everyone passes through la oroya when they go to provinces.. but ya the assistants called me asking if i had told people what happened to elder diaz, haha i was kinda surprised because i had no idea what was happening, lol but they were convinced i knew something....but i didnt. um im not sure if they want me knowing anything more but when i go to Lima for the zl counsel next week I will talk to them about what we can do. thats really sad and ill do my best to help him out. thank you so much for your love and im sure everything will turn out alright. What a great group of moms we have back home. The strength of our mothers doesn’t surprise us and everyone should be aware what our moms can accomplish when they unite. Thanks mom for all you do.

well about the whole bank thing. i got permission to call chase, but they were not very customer service friendly and didnt help me at all. so ya thanks for helping me keep track of things, should help alot. i figured out i get charged 5 bucks everytime i take money out, no matter where or how. haha i had no idea it would be so lame with all these fees and stuff, we have lost alot of money due to this and im really sorry. but theres nothing i can do about it now, just gotta be smart.
 
haha well that gets rid of the sad stuff.
 
lets see highlights of the week, wednesday was transfers and as the zone leaders in la oroya we are in charge of all province changes. i got to see lots of elders, including elder diaz and elder parada! haha my little boy is going to one of the coolest areas in the mission! hes going to pichinaki (la merced). i was so jealous haha. as far as the zone goes we just had a few, me and choqque are staying together.
 
I almost got killed by a dog, probably time to take out the dog dazer.
 
I ate the graham crackers and chocolate frosting that you sent me, that might be my favorite thing you have sent me lol. you know me too well.
 
haha so thats cool you got to chat alot this weekend with elder madsens mom, haha hes a great guy, he wants me to train or something to play rugby. ha i just said "look at me" and he responds with the best compliment i have recieved in my whole life..."but you got black man calves" lol made me so happy. he also gave me a snickers, awesome.
 
well i have completely forgotten what 115 degrees feels like, haha i tell the people here that it gets that hot in AZ and they freak out, they asked me if people melt, haha the people in provincia are awesome.
 
 well thats awesome that logan is on the all star team, im not surprised or anything. good luck bro and go do some work, all you gotta do is beat north and ill be happy (but if you dont ill still be happy haha). i wish i could be there to watch his games, i miss that.
 
i cant believe eric esplin is already coming home! goes so fast! wow, and tell matt breshears good luck and that hes gonna love latin america.
 
coy only has what like 3.5 months left?! dont wanna talk about that.
 
haha thanks for the pens and sudoku, my comp is on a crazy search for those pilot g2 pens, i told him id ask you to send some the next package.
 
Here is one of my favorite scriptures I want to share this week -
 
alma 44:4 Now ye see that this is the true faith of God; yea, ye see that God will support, and keep, and preserve us, so long as we are faithful unto him, and unto our faith, and our religion; and never will the Lord suffer that we shall be destroyed except we should fall into transgression and deny our faith.
 
this scriture clearly lays out what we need to do to be able to recieve the wonderful blessings that our father in heaven has for us. its a promise and our heavenly father will never fail to keep a promise, we just have to be faithful, and live his gospel and be true to the promises we have made.
 
Another one of my favorite scriptures that I want to share is -
 
Ether 12:12 "For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith."
it just shows that we will not recieve any miracles unless we have faith. alot people that lose their faith start to lose it even more because they say that god has left them or they feel he doesnt care, when in reality its really due to our lack of faith.
 
well this is president leyvas last week in the mission. im so glad i got to have him as a leader and a huge example in my life
 
heres my letter to him
 
Buenos Dias Presidente,
Ya pues entonces parece que este es mi ultima carta que le voy a escribir como mi presidente de mision. Solamente quiere agradacerle por todo que hizo para mi, y para todos los misoneros que le conocieron. En verdad usted es un gran lider y mucho mas un gran ejemplo para mi. En mi corto tiempo aqui en la mision usted me ha mostrado muchos atributos que quiero tener, y que estoy esforzandome para tener. Quiero expresarle mi amor y agradacimiento por todo. Sé que usted ha bendicido bastantes vidas, y quiero hacer lo mismo. Siempre me voy a recordar de usted y su firmeza que tiene en este evangelio. Muchas gracias por todo presidente.
Elder Paolacci
 
 It seems that this is my last letter I will write to you as my mission president. just want to thank you for all you did for me and for all the missionarys that knew you. Truly you are a great leader and a great example for me. In my short time here in the mission you have shown me many attributes that I have, and more that I'm striving to have. I want to express my love and Acknowledgements for everything. I know you have blessed many lives, and I want to do the same. I will always remember you and your strength which you have in this Gospel. Thank you very much for everything president.
well thats all folks, thanks for everything, i love you all. im loving it out here.
Love
Elder Paolacci
p.s. we have alot of people we are teaching and they are awesome. we have about 4 people with baptisimal date for july!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell

Dylan's Farewell will be Sunday August 8, 2010 at 11:00 am at

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Paradise Valley Stake Center
3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028
Everyone is invited to attend