Homecoming

Elder Dylan Paolacci will complete his missionary service as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on Tuesday, July 24, 2012.

His homecoming will be Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 11:00 am

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Paradise Valley Stake Center 3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028 Everyone is invited to attend

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Heyo!
I just read the email, haha I'm glad you figured out how I was doing the ironing board photos. I'm gonna try to answer your questions first...

My companions name is Elder Cardenas, he's from Lima, and he's really nice. Sometimes its really frustrating cause he mumbles alot and sometimes speaks too fast for me. But he is also helping me a lot with my Spanish so that's good.

The schedule here is a little more overwhelming than the one in Provo, we don't get very much study time so that's probably the hardest part. We have class for about 10 hours a day. I like being here more but I feel like the Provo mtc was easier.

I'm definitely going to be in the ccm for 6 weeks. some Elders have already been told that they are leaving after three weeks, but that was only like 4 or 5 of them.

I really have no idea what my mailing address is so I would just use the one you have, BUT I haven't gotten anything as far as mail goes here so maybe you have it wrong... idk. :)

Like i said this place is harder than the other MTC, not only are you trying to learn the doctrine and Spanish, at the same time we have to translate everything because no one speaks English here (well some do - but they aren't allowed to). It gets frustrating sometimes but I can already see my Spanish improving because of it. My Latino roommates are really fun and they are trying to learn some English which is really funny too. We had Interpol yesterday, it's the first of two steps of becoming legal here apparently. haha and that was a nice break.

We get to go to the temple today so I'm way excited about that. We have driven past it a few times and it looks really so awesome. After the temple we get to go shopping for an hour, I am way excited about that too. I'm going to buy ALOT of snacks, because the food here has zero sugar and it makes it really hard for me to stay awake in classes (haha)

Oh, so while we are on the topic of food all I can say is mas o menos(so so). Not a big fan of it yet but it gets me through the day (haha) it's the complete opposite here than it is in Provo, there we were always stuffed and didn't want any snacks...and here we would kill for any sort of snack.

Well i just have a couple favors i need you to do. 1) call Provo about the shots 2) contact President Campbell and ask him if he can send me his explanation of Matthew 16, i want it really bad, have him do it through dear elder that way it will come printed off and I can go over it during my study time.

Well, I cant think of anything else right now. I'm going to try to get back on and do an email before the temple - but just know i love you guys - I LOVE my family and I really do miss you alot - but the thing that makes it easier for me is that I feel so good about what I'm doing. This is amazing - feeling the spirit so strong continually is amazing and I wouldn't trade it for anything. This is going to be an awesome 2 years, I know I am exactly where the Lord wants me to be and I know I am where I need to be - words cannot explain the awesomeness !!!!
oh and  3) send me sports scores and stuff!!!!!!!!! (packers and sundevils mostly) hahaha

Just remember I love you guys so much! I'm having alot of fun and I can totally see how my mission is helping me in every aspect of my life and I'm growing ALOT!

Con Amor, Elder Paolacci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell

Dylan's Farewell will be Sunday August 8, 2010 at 11:00 am at

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Paradise Valley Stake Center
3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028
Everyone is invited to attend