Homecoming

Elder Dylan Paolacci will complete his missionary service as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on Tuesday, July 24, 2012.

His homecoming will be Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 11:00 am

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Paradise Valley Stake Center 3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028 Everyone is invited to attend

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

HEYO FAMILIA!!!

****He isn't a into writing to much info - I inserted a few things in red so you could know what he is talking about.

It has been a good week here in Peru. I guess you could say this place is starting to grow on me. So ya thanks for letting President Campbell know about that, my whole district was waiting for it haha. (He was requesting President Campbell's explanation of Matthew 16 that he taught them once in YM - that must have made a strong impact on Dylan when he was in YM) Thanks for getting the shot record thing figured out, I was kinda stressing about that. (Dylan's shot record got left in Provo) Still haven't gotten any mail. Well, actually I got the dear elders from grandma and uncle Jason, and those were awesome !

I can't really think of anything other than a pillow for you guys to send with the Riders, but a pillow would be amazing! haha (Elder Rider's parents will be going to pick up their daughter who is serving a mission right now in Argentina  and the plan is to have her go visit her brother in the CCM on the 11th of October - they have offered to take a little package to Dylan)Elder Riders comp is so funny, he is definitely a trip. Just like Chancho from Nacho Libre. Latino comps are just a little hard to get used to and I am sure North American comps are hard for them to get used to. But we are all learning and growing and learning lot's of patience. It definitely made my week looking at those sports scores!!!! i miss my packers. it might sound ridiculous but the only thing I've been homesick for this week was ESPN (even tho I still miss you guys :) ). We even drew a fake TV playing sports center on our whiteboard. ahh

Things are rough sometimes but it's soooooooooo worth it. I was thinking about texting the other day and it just seems so weird now. (that was a random thought)  Well I've been trying to take pics to send you guys but idk if they'll work.sorry

Elder Sheridan is another one of my new best friends, hes soooo awesome. soooo funny. It's gonna stink having to leave these guys after the mtc. Yet again now that I think about it it I'm only a little more than half way through my mtc experience. It feels like I have been out 5 months, instead of 5 weeks. But I think once I get fluent it will go much faster.

On Saturday during proselyting I realized my Spanish needs to be much better than it is. Oh and speaking of proselyting - it was amazing ! We are in kind of the nicer part of the slums (if that makes sense) and we taught less active families. We only got in one house, but taught a really good lesson.  It amazing cause the times I speak the best Spanish is while I am teaching and I know it is because of the spirit. It is so cool.

I love it here and can't wait to get out in the field, even though I still have 4 weeks left. I am gonna try to email some pics. (it didn't work - so I am sending him CD's) 

I love you guys so much !!!

Elder Dylan Paolacci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell

Dylan's Farewell will be Sunday August 8, 2010 at 11:00 am at

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Paradise Valley Stake Center
3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028
Everyone is invited to attend