Homecoming

Elder Dylan Paolacci will complete his missionary service as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on Tuesday, July 24, 2012.

His homecoming will be Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 11:00 am

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Paradise Valley Stake Center 3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028 Everyone is invited to attend

Monday, March 5, 2012

3.5.12


Welllll……
What a week haha. We didn't have the most adventurous pday because it was raining like crazy. Just stayed in and played chess. Tuesday we had district meeting, I played scripture jeopardy with the zone, It was pretty fun. Tuesday night we got the changes. My new comp is…..Elder Van Wagoner. I totally called it haha. He is awesome and he works super hard (the lord is blessing me big time in that aspect) so we are going to have an amazing time together. Wednesday were the transfers. Always an adventure haha. Thursday Friday and Saturday we got to work super hard in our area and Saturday night was our baptism. Originally it was planned that we would baptize Anthony, Junior and Gian Carlos. But only Junior ended up getting baptized. During the week Anthony decided that this Saturday would be better for him. So we were only expecting to have two baptisms, but Saturday night only junior showed up. They said that Gians mom changed her mind and made him go over to her house (he doesn’t live with her).
She wouldn’t let him leave. We even took a taxi to her house to talk to her but she didn’t wanna have anything to do with us. So that was super depressing. But the good thing was that junior got baptized. He is so awesome. After the baptism when we were changing he said "Brother Paolacci, I wish my cousin Gian was here too". I felt so bad, broke my heart, but Junior is determined to help his cousin get baptized too. Sunday was pretty awesome. The girl that’s gonna get baptized this Saturday, Magaly, came to church. And a girl that always had promised she was gonna come for like a month finally came. It was pretty awesome. It looks like this Saturday we are gonna have 1 baptism (Magaly). She is super excited. We had some super cool lessons with her this week. Anthony didn’t come to church on Sunday so he might be able to get baptized next Sunday. We are gonna try and talk with Gian Carlos´s dad this week. He lives with his dad so we only need his permission. It is super sad because he wants to get baptized sooo bad.
We have a lot of work to do this week. Pray for us! Jessica is doing great. She is noticing differences in her life due to praying and scripture study. Mayra might still be getting baptized this week. We will see. She kinda got unexcited, she is in kinda a rough patch right now not living with her family or anything. Just pray for her. Well ended this week kinda sick. I thought at first it could have been pneumonia again because I was just dead. But took some meds and I am feeling a lot better. Still got a gnarly cough, but I am fine. Well at 2 we travel to Lima for consejo. Nap time on the bus! Haha. Hope you guys have a great week!
Love Elder Paolacci
PS - hey so ive been talking with presidente these last couple weeks about my release date. Looks like it will be the 25th of July. I know it would be possible to do it with my normal release date but me and president both think it would be better to do things well and not pressured out. Elder Van Wagoner also helped me realize it would be better. I would have to be home at least a week or two before classes to try and get my scholarship again and I think it would be better to be able to pick a good schedule so I can work too. I know there are late start classes but I would prefer to do everything with calm and not rushed too much. What I have realized is that whatever happens is what the lord will want to happen. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell

Dylan's Farewell will be Sunday August 8, 2010 at 11:00 am at

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Paradise Valley Stake Center
3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028
Everyone is invited to attend