Homecoming

Elder Dylan Paolacci will complete his missionary service as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on Tuesday, July 24, 2012.

His homecoming will be Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 11:00 am

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Paradise Valley Stake Center 3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028 Everyone is invited to attend

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

3.19.12


What up family!!!!
Interesting week. Haha the mission never seems to fail as far as craziness goes. Lets see on Monday we actually took things a little chill. Took a nap and wrote some letters to my converts. Good pday, needed the break.

Tuesday we had a great zone meeting. I talked about how the Lord has prepared people for us to teach since the creation of the earth, that there are people waiting especially for us. So we need to open our mouths and talk to everyone, if not we wont know who are the people that our Heavenly Father has put in place for us. It really is pretty simple. I really like a scripture in D&C 29:7 that talks about how we are called to gather Isreal and we will know who are the chosen people when they accept our invitation to hear more. In our mission we are starting to do something really cool. In our contacts we are focusing on our purpose more. We are are actually telling the people as soon as we meet them that we here to baptize people. Haha it is pretty interesting. A lot of times we get horribly rejected but we also are finding the people prepared by the Lord to hear our message at this time. It’s a really cool change we are taking in the mission. We have been having some struggles the last couple months, but as I said last week the work is always progressing and changing, so us as missionaries (the blood of the work) need to change as well. Also asked a couple missionaries to share testimonies about how the Lord has prepared people for them. I shared my testimony and story about Milagros and Katy. It was a really cool meeting.

This week we had a lot of splits with other areas. We are trying to focus on verifying the areas in the zone. This week I went to Huancavelica and did a baptismal interview. But it wasn’t your ordinary baptismal interview. First off, it was in a tiny tiny town like a half hour outside of Huancavelica. We were joined by two cows in the baptismal interview. But I haven’t even gotten to the interesting part yet. So ya the guy was deaf. 100 percent. It was quite interesting. I had to write everything. Eventhough sometimes he couldn’t understand my handwriting and got frustrated, it was a very spiritual experience. He has had a lot of trials in his life and has a very strong testimony. As I left his house I felt the most amazing feeling, standing at the top of a mountain, in the middle of nowhere, just getting done doing a baptismal interview to someone who cannot hear sounds but can hear the spirit as strong as anyone. Awesome experience!!! Eventhough the 4 hour taxi ride back to Huncayo was terrible haha.

This week we have conference with President. I am really excited. It is always an amazing learning experience. We are prepared and ready for it. I am pretty sure it is my second to last in the mission. Also super excited for general conference! Last one in peru . Trying to get spiritually prepared. You guys should do the same! General Conference is such an amazing opportunity to be taught and spiritually fed. If we do so the spirit will testify to us the things we need to hear and we will be given impressions that we should write down and act upon.


Oh ya,since Jade is 9 you guys should totally have her listen to the missionaries if she is going to be coming to church all the time! That would help her out a ton, along with our family.

I have also been thinking a lot about what dad said when we skyped and how he wants me to teach you guys the first lesson when I get home. So you can truly feel the spirit of what I have done these past 2 years. I think it would be awesome, maybe hard in English, but it will be an awesome opportunity. Even though leaving here will be the hardest thing I will ever have to do at this point in my life, the thing that helps me is knowing I am coming home to my family, I am excited to be back with our family.


Well have a good week! Today we are going to play a game of soccer between the zones! Gonna be sickkkkk! 

Love, Elder Paolacci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell

Dylan's Farewell will be Sunday August 8, 2010 at 11:00 am at

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Paradise Valley Stake Center
3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028
Everyone is invited to attend