Homecoming

Elder Dylan Paolacci will complete his missionary service as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on Tuesday, July 24, 2012.

His homecoming will be Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 11:00 am

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Paradise Valley Stake Center 3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028 Everyone is invited to attend

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

August 18, 2010 - First Week In the MTC

Hey Family!
The MTC is an amazing place and I'm loving it here. Even though I really hate waking up at 6am I'm making it through and it's getting better everyday. My companion and district are so awesome! We are really close and it's crazy to think it's only been a week. My spanish is going really well and I'm a little ahead of everyone which is relaxing. So far I can pray, bear my testimony, and sustain a short conversation in spanish. I memorized the baptismal prayer and the first vision in spanish, and hopefully by the end of the week I want to memorize both sacrament prayers. On Saturday we gave the first lesson in spanish and I barely had to use my notes, it was really cool. I know the only reason I would be able to do all of this is because of the spirit. I've been praying soooo much and I have tried to keep the spirit with me as much as possible. It's totally amazing how much you can rely on it and if you do it will always be with you.
My roommates are amazing! Elder Capps is the funniest guy ever! Elder Rider is so incredibly nice and he's on the BYU soccer team (so I am definitely not the best at soccer here). And I guess you could call me and Elder Norris twins. I Love these guys so much and it's making all of the stress and worries so much easier to deal with when you have three really close friends going through the same thing. I just feel so blessed to have these guys in my life. I could not have picked more perfect friends for myself if I tried. And learning and growing together make it such an amazing experience here at the MTC.

Sundays here are probably the best days, they are so relaxed. In the morning we have priesthood session with our zones (about 30 - 40 elders), then we have study time, then sacrament meeting with our zones, then the temple walk (nap on the grass - haha), then Sunday night devotional. I really love Sundays so far and I thought it was funny that you asked how they went because they are simply amazing.

That's so cool you guys got a dog! I'm kinda disappointed I wont see it as a puppy but that's alright. Haha you guys should call him Elder Tobias. I'm sure Maggie and Tommy are in love with him! Probably not Darla (haha)

I really miss you guys alot but I know without a shadow of a doubt that I am doing the right thing and that I owe this to the Lord and the people of Peru. I have gotten so immersed in the work that haven't really been homesick yet and I feel that that is a blessing, because I do need to be focused on learning the spanish and perfecting my knowledge of the doctrine of the church.

Tell the boys and Karleigh to have fun with school and if they get discouraged tell them that if I am serving a mission and working 18 hours a day they can deal with school.

I love you guys so much - until next week

Love, Elder Paolacci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell

Dylan's Farewell will be Sunday August 8, 2010 at 11:00 am at

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Paradise Valley Stake Center
3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028
Everyone is invited to attend