Homecoming

Elder Dylan Paolacci will complete his missionary service as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on Tuesday, July 24, 2012.

His homecoming will be Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 11:00 am

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Paradise Valley Stake Center 3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028 Everyone is invited to attend

Friday, April 30, 2010

An amazing day

What an awesome weekend we had. Friday night we went to the temple with Dylan and had such an amazing experience. Dylan, was attending the Temple for the first time in preparation for his mission. I knew in my heart that it was going to be a special experience, but I truly did not know how special it would be. I am always touched when I enter the house of the Lord, because the spirit is so strong. If there is anywhere on earth you feel close to Heaven, that is where it is.



I knew that my dad would be present, not only in spirit, but that he would be close by as he watched his oldest grandson prepare to serve a mission. This is a moment he would be very proud of. As each of my children cross milestones in their lives I can feel the love of my dad beaming down from heaven. His grandchildren were his life. He loved them more than anything in this world and even though he is waiting for us on the other side, I know he is still watching over them and rejoicing in their accomplishments and loving them through their trials.



Once you have done your own work in the temple, you can then return to perform ordinances for those who have gone before. To find out more about Temple work go here. As I sat in the chapel and said a prayer, I could feel that there were many who were very happy that Dylan would be serving the people of Peru on his mission. As we enter the temple and perform ordinances for those who have gone before you are given a name of a person who is deceased. As I sat in the chapel and looked down at the name I was given and said her name "Maria" and noticed that "Maria" was from Peru. The place where Dylan will be serving his mission. I am not sure if I can relate the feeling in which I had at this time. But it was testified to me that Maria was so happy to have her temple work done and she is so anxious for Dylan to go and teach her people.


When Dylan shared his testimony about his temple experience the following fast Sunday he shared how he felt in the temple and how it was testified to him that he was worthy to be there and that the Lord knows that he was to go and serve the people of Peru.



Dylan had found a Peruvian restaurant in Mesa and so after the temple we headed there for dinner. Let's just make one thing clear. Just because Peru is in South America does not mean that there you will find Mexican food. I wish I would have copied the menu.
 But it seemed to be full of dishes that consisted of rice, potatoes, eggs, chicken, beef and lot's of veggies.
Lot's of radishes !
Everyone loved their food.
Dylan's plate looked very similar to a dish of fried rice to me.



One of the highlights was getting to drink "INCA" KOLA. We have heard that this is the favorite soda in Peru, so the guys had to try it. They all said it tasted like bubblegum and they loved it. The other drink they got was a purple rice drink. I guess this one is more of an "acquired" taste. We had a great time sharing this fabulous experience with Dylan and are so proud of the man he is growing up to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell

Dylan's Farewell will be Sunday August 8, 2010 at 11:00 am at

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Paradise Valley Stake Center
3601 East Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028
Everyone is invited to attend